Maritime Morocco: Morocco’s Lost Boat House
Although the Morocco pavilion is perhaps EPCOT’s best example of showcasing environment and culture in World Showcase, WED originally planned to add another layer of realism to the pavilion.
Early concept models reveal that a magnificent boat house would have served as the pavilion’s terminus by fully enclosing Morocco’s tangerine lined courtyard. The boat house would have also been functional, and served as a port for the Friendships that offer transportation around World Showcase Lagoon.
Further, this addition would have expanded the scope of World Showcase’s only Middle Eastern nation. With a nod to the rich and diverse maritime history of Morocco, the locals and subjects expressed in the pavilion could cover the storied history of Casablanca and the Straights of Gibraltar.
Given that Morocco is already a fantastic example of believable, realistic, and thoughtful design choice for simply exposing culture, it’s hard to believe that one small omission, such as this boat house, could even improve upon the final product.
- lady-halibuts-chambers likes this
- so-nyeo-shi-daze reblogged this from hoe-sette
- retroadventures likes this
- dreamsosunshine likes this
- pureimagineering reblogged this from epcotexplorer and added:
- enkesq likes this
- mrdisneynerd reblogged this from imagineeringdisney
- janambm likes this
- cyberboff reblogged this from epcotexplorer
- kaiyves reblogged this from epcotexplorer and added:
- kaiyves likes this
- moosebagel likes this
- dfilms likes this
- lightsandmusicmind likes this
- hoe-sette reblogged this from michaelsgoods
- michaelsgoods reblogged this from imagineeringdisney
- gadgod likes this
- plutopupstyle likes this
- espressonist reblogged this from epcotexplorer
- sophiedenise likes this
- imagineeringdisney reblogged this from epcotexplorer and added:
- aesthettte reblogged this from epcotexplorer
- ralfmaximus likes this
- epcotexplorer posted this